Last year was a year filled with reading! Probably the most amount of reading I have ever done in a year outside of college if I’m being honest. After I graduated, it was really hard for me to make time for reading and I constantly struggled to slow down long enough to pick up a good book. If you’re looking for some books to read in 2020, this post is for you!
A lot of my lack of reading was because of my own unwillingness to make time. But I have also seen some amazing changes since I learned about habit stacking. The idea of habit stacking was something I hadn’t heard before but learned about in the book Atomic Habits. James Clear suggests that you think about how you can sync two good habits together and make it a point to always do them simultaneously so you’re getting double the momentum. Somewhere along the way, I discovered the Libby app, which lets you sync your local library card and check out audiobooks for free. That was a game-changer! I started listening to audiobooks while I was driving, cooking, working out, and even cleaning the house. This simple habit stack drastically increased the amount of time I was able to dedicate to my goal of reading 30 books.
I wanted to share my book list from 2019 in case you are looking to get into the habit of reading this year and need some inspiration. Every time I see or hear someone recommend a good book, I save it to my Amazon reading list. Then when I’m ready to choose some new books to read, I go to my Amazon list, check to see if any of the books are on Libby for free, and start with those ones!
MY FULL BOOKLIST:
- Dying for a paycheck
- Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire*
- Girl Stop Apologizing
- Body Love by Kelly Leveque*
- Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow
- Influencer by Brittany Hennessy
- This is the Day by Tim Tebow
- Thirst by Scott Harrison*
- Men are from Mars Women are from Venus by John Gray
- In the Country, We Love by Diane Guerrero
- Own Your Everyday by Jordan Lee Dooley
- Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin*
- Atomic Habits by James Clear*
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Unplanned by Abby Johnson*
- Becoming Michelle Obama by Michelle Obama
- Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin*
- Outer Order Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin
- The Year of Less by Caitlin Flanders*
- Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines
- Shoe Dog by Phil Night
- You and Me Forever by Francis and Lisa Chan*
*My favorite books from the list!
Have any books you love? Shoot me a DM on Instagram or let me know in the comments below!
Happy reading in 2020!
If you’re looking for more posts on books and personal growth, check out:
- 14 BOOKS YOU SHOULD READ IN 2019
- HOW TO SET AND TRACK YOUR 2020 GOALS
- OVERCOMING THE SELF SABOTAGE CYCLE
Thanks for sharing what you read in 2019!
Thank you for reading! 🙂